Raising the level of professionalism within the cleaning industry.
What is CleanLearning?
CleanLearning is a comprehensive training and certification program for the cleaning industry. The program is based on Healthcare best practice cleaning and disinfection which can be applied to many different industry sectors.
Who is CleanLearning Ideal For?
The program is designed to meet the needs of all levels of Housekeeping personnel – Managers, Supervisors, Lead hands and frontline staff regardless of the industry you support. The CleanLearning program provides organizations and individuals knowledge on best practice cleaning and disinfection, to raise the level of professionalism within the cleaning industry.
What is a CEH certification? Who is it for and what kinds of jobs can you get with this certification?
Certified Environmental Housekeeper (CEH) status is the first level of certification and is designed for individuals delivering and performing housekeeping tasks.
This certification is recognized in the cleaning industry and will assist individuals with achieving their employment goal as a healthcare housekeeper, custodian in schools, housekeeper in hotels and or cleaning professional in most sectors.
CEH certification provides potential employers with a document of your achievement, professional skills gained and your understanding of how important and valuable best practice cleaning and disinfection is for an organization.
What is Certified Environmental Management (CEM) certification? Who is it for and what are the benefits?
- Certified Environmental Management (CEM) is designed for Housekeeping Managers of all levels or individuals with an objective to become a Supervisor in the cleaning industry
- CEM is recognized by Canada’s leading Environmental Services Association – the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM) and will provide individuals with the skills required to lead their housekeeping team
- CEM will help managers understand the important requirements of their frontline staff
In this course you’ll learn about:
– Fundamentals of Housekeeping
– Adaptive Leadership
– Workplace Safety
– Infection Prevention
– Cleaning Tools, Equipment and Products
– Cleaning Tasks
– Cleaning and Disinfection Practices
– Waste Management
– Environmental Sustainability
– Cleaning Audits
– Pest Control
What are the benefits to you as an individual if you achieve CEM certification?
- Be recognized as a leader in the field of Environmental Service Management
- Have the knowledge required to assist your housekeeping team on safe and healthy cleaning practices
- Understand the chain of transmission and how to support your cleaning team during outbreaks of infections
- Understand the importance of best practice cleaning and disinfection
- Be aware of best practice guidelines and standards related to the cleaning industry
- Receive a one-year free introductory membership within the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM)
Organizations that support their entire housekeeping team through training and certification receive CET statues.
This is a high-level certification that should be proudly displayed in the entrance of your facility. Demonstrate to your occupants that the cleaning team services the facility are trained on best practice cleaning and disinfection and apply these practices to protect the facility investment, occupant safety and infection prevention.